As public utilities have embraced the principles and practices of the Water Resources Utility of the Future (UOTF), they have begun to stretch the boundaries of conventional municipal financing. They are looking for new sources of capital, using innovative financing approaches – including public-private partnerships for discrete projects (such as those focused on UOTF issues); century and green bonds; creative rate structures and more. NACWA’s 2015 Utility Leadership Conference will examine:
- The ‘City of the Future’;
- The right balance between sustainable rates and affordability concerns;
- EPA’s evolving role in funding and financing;
- Optimizing public agency engagement with the private sector; and,
- Innovative financing to pave the way for the UOTF.
Don’t Miss These Events!
Our program on Monday evening, July 13, will feature our 45th Anniversary Celebratory Reception & Dinner honoring retiring Executive Director, Ken Kirk. Join us as we mark the Association’s 45th Anniversary, celebrate Ken's retirement, and honor his nearly forty years of service to NACWA. A warm, entertaining evening of memories, appreciation, and recognition is planned – including a featured performance by The Water Coolers , starring in . . . Ken Kirk! The Musical.
Special events will continue on Tuesday evening, July 14 with our Awards Ceremony & President’s Reception. Join us as NACWA recognizes high performing Member Agencies through the Association’s Excellence in Management Recognition Program. Exceptional performance by Member Agency facilities will also be recognized through the immensely popular Peak Performance Awards. We will also officially ‘pass the torch’ to a new NACWA President, thank our outgoing President, Karen Pallansch, Chief Executive Officer, Alexandria Renew Enterprises, and celebrate Association leaders. Later that evening, symbolizing the ‘passing of the torch’, NACWA will host a Dessert Reception & WaterFire Providence® Lighting. All of these special events are included in your conference registration.
We look forward to seeing you in Providence in July!
Sunday, July 12
- Board Committees
- Welcoming Reception
Monday, July 13
- Standing Committee Meetings
- 45th Anniversary Celebratory Reception & Dinner Honoring Ken Kirk
Tuesday, July 14
- Standing Committee Meeting
- General Session
- Board of Directors Meeting
- Awards Ceremony & President’s Reception
- Dessert Reception & WaterFire Providence® Lighting
Wednesday, July 15
- General Session
- Facility Tours